How to Measure Pressure with FujiFilm Prescale?
Easily measuring pressure with film
With Fujifilm Measurement Films you can measure Pressure, Heat and UV light. On this page we explain how you can measure Pressure with the Prescale Film Solution.
Prescale Film Solution
The Prescale Film Solution is the only film in the world that can measure both pressure and pressure distribution.
Prescale allows you to easily measure
Created using Fujifilm's advanced thin film coating technologies, the pressure inspection sensor on the entirety of the film allows you to confirm pressure distribution of the entire surface at a glance.
The color appears red where pressure is applied, and the color density varies according to the amount of pressure. To cover a wide pressure range (0.006 to 300 MPa), there are eight types and nine variations of Prescale.
How does it work?
The microcapsules in the color-forming layer are broken by pressure, and the colorless dye is absorbed into the developer, causing a chemical reaction to produce a red color. The microcapsules containing the color-forming material are adjusted to varying sizes and strengths, and is coated uniformly, producing a color density that corresponds to the amount of pressure.
Structure of Prescale
There are two types of Prescale: the Two-sheet type and the Mono-sheet type.
The two-sheet type is composed of two films of which are respectively coated with color-forming material and color-developing material. This type is used by placing the sides coated with the chemical agents over each other.
The mono-sheet type is a film with a single base film with a coating of color-forming material and developer.
Pressure chart (for medium-pressure)
By checking the standard chart, the pressure value can be confirmed visually.
- The parts represented by the dotted lines may exceed the allowable error range, so it should only be used as a reference.
- Prescale is used by selecting curves A, B, or C depending on the temperature and humidity conditions.
- The measured pressure reaching time for continuous pressure of Ultra extreme low pressure (5LW), extreme low pressure (4LW), and ultra extreme low pressure (LLLW) is 5 seconds, and the measurement maintenance time is 2 minutes.
- Super high pressure (HHS) is only for continuous pressure.
When to use Prescale Sheets
You can, for example, measure tire pressure, measure the pressure distribution of cleaning polish against liquid crystal panels or easure the pressure between cylinder heads and cylinder blocks.
Measure tire pressure
- Nip pressure
- Lamination pressure
- Winding pressure
- Tightening pressure
- Contact pressure
- Compression pressure
- Support pressure
- Squeegee pressure
- Contact conditions
- Impact pressure
- Cavitation pressure
- Orthopedic, biomedical, ergonomic research
- Pressure on soles of feet and soles
- Adjustment of pressure distribution and balance for various automobile-parts.
- Cylinder head gasket, Engine, Brake, Clutch, Tire, Carburetor, Gasket and Packing, Molding, Oil pan, Transmission, etc.
- Adjustment of pressure distribution for Polarizer sticking.
- Adjustment of pressure distribution for ACF bonding and TCP bonding.
- Adjustment of lamination roll pressure distribution for back grinding tape and dicing.
- Adjustment of polishing pressure distribution in semiconductor CMP processes.
Printed circuit boards
- Adjustment of squeeze pressure distribution of solder cream against printed circuit boards.
- Adjustment of dry film resist(DFR) lamination pressure distribution for multilayer printed circuit boards.
- Easy visual check of distribution/uniformity for contact pressure
- Contact pressure shown with differing concentrations of color can even be converted into numbers.
- Lower cost with no special devices or equipment required
- Quick measurement gives an at-a-glance picture.