GL980 Graphtec Datalogger for monitoring the movement of a lighthouse
Error-free tidal range and wave measurements
To determine the tidal range and the height of waves, multiple lighthouses in the North Sea are fitted with Doppler radar distance measuring systems. These measuring systems are mounted to the towers, which shift due to wind forces. This results in measurement errors, which can be quite significant during storms.
A 3-axis Acceleration Measurement System monitors the tower’s movement. The GL980 Data Logger keeps track of accelerometer data, along with temperatures and wind speeds. The acceleration values are then converted into travel values off-line.
- AAA645-0001-1 or AAA645-3001-1
- Stainless steel IP68 rated wall-mount housing for 3 acceleration sensors
- Wind sensor for exterior use, 0.7...40 m/s
- Graphtec Data Logger GL900-EU-8
- Cable, battery, installation