About the DI-720 Data Acquisition System
The DI-720 Series ia a family of instruments that offer 14-bit resolution and 150-200 kHz waveform recording capability. They communicate through your PC's parallel port or an optional Ethernet or USB interface.
Use the DI-720 for general purpose applications where pre amplified signals are acquired. Examples are process monitoring, and many medical research applications.
The Ethernet communication option connects DI-720 Series products to any local area network (LAN). Direct Internet access is also possible. This patent-pending communication option uses standard CAT- 5 cable to yield continuous data acquisition throughput rates up to 180 kHz. Multiple DI-720/730 products (each equipped with an Ethernet interface) may be daisy-chained together to form an ad-hoc extended network of autonomous, yet fully synchronous data acquisition stations. Each station can sample at a different rate (up to 180kHz throughput) and still maintain full synchronization. Station separation can be as far as 100 meters.
DI-720 Offers Lowest Cost Per Channel of Any Competing Product
- The DI-720 Series accepts 32 high-level or signal conditioned analog inputs in a single-ended mode or 16 inputs in a differential input mode. The high-level inputs are typically low impedance, preconditioned signals in the range of 1.25 to 10VFS. Channel expansion up to 240 channels is possible with expanders.
Printer Port, USB, or Ethernet Interface
- DI-730 instruments are available with printer port, Ethernet, and universal serial bus (USB) communication interfaces. All instruments have a 25-pin male printer port connector for EPP, bidirectional, or standard mode parallel port communication with your PC. Options add Ethernet communication capability with a RJ45 connector, or a USB port for universal serial bus communication. The optional communication interfaces sacrifice the standard PP mode and cannot be used concurrently with the printer port.
Synchronized Distributed Ethernet Data Acquisition
- Daisy chain multiple DI-720 and/or DI- 730 Ethernet units for a fully synchronous distributed Ethernet data acquisition system.
Burst Sampling A/D
- Connect to DC or near DC signals like temperature, generator-based RPM, or other slow process variables. Sample rates well into the sub-Hertz range are possible. Use for high speed applications such as modulated DC drives and other AC waveform situations.
High Resolution Capability
- DI-720 instruments apply 14 bits of resolution to your measurement task. A special version of the DI-720 with full 16-bit accuracy is available.
Easy to Connect & Use
- All instruments connect in seconds to your PC's parallel port, Ethernet connector, or USB port.
WinDaq Software Included
WinDaq/Lite is free with the purchase of every instrument. WinDaq/Lite is restricted to a maximum throughput of 240 Hz when recording to disk (when 2 or more channels are enabled). Increase record-to-disk rates with WinDaq/Pro or WinDaq/Pro+. Use WinDaq Waveform Browser (free) to review, measure, compare, and analyze the waveform file after it has been recorded by WinDaq acquisition software.
Key features DI-720
- For General Purpose Use
- Drive System Applications
- Standard Printer Port, Optional USB or Ethernet Interface
- 14-Bit Resolution