About the conventional Multi-hole Probes
Conventional Multi-Hole Probes are proficient in measuring flow speed and direction with high accuracy. These fundamental flow measurement tools can be manufactured in multiple configurations and geometries including straight, L-shaped, cobra and eccentric ferrule racetrack geometries, with conical, faceted, or hemispherical tips.
A complete flow data system is available by pairing our Multi-Hole Probe with our data acquisition system and our AeroFlow Data Reduction software. When the probe is inserted into the flow, the pressures measured at each port are interpreted by our pressureto-velocity reduction software to report magnitude and direction of the flow velocity vector with respect to the probe, as weil as static and total pressure.
Key features conventional Multi-hole Probes
- Tip Diameters as small as 1.59 mm
- Temperature ratings up to 500 C
- Probe calibrations from 5 m/s to Mach 2.0
- 2000 calibration points
- NIST-Traceable calibrations and specialized calibrations available
- Custom engineering solutions available
- Average measured angular deviation of <1 °
- Average measured velocity deviations of 1 % or ± m/s
Applications conventional Multi-hole Probes
- Wind turbine
- Wind tunnel testing