About the OSP-SW Fiber Optic Straingauge
The OSP-SW is a spot-weldable fiber optic strain sensor for monitoring deformation in the most demanding environments and can be easily adapted to be fixed on almost any alloy.
The sensor delivers outstanding repeatability and reliability in the most adverse conditions such as those related to subsea environment or offshore platform. It is completely insensitive to transverse strains. The robust design enables permanent monitoring deformation of immersed infrastructures, even under permanent pressure of 300 bar. A high temperature version is available for environments up to 250°C.
Easy and quick installation is possible with the "quick connect" configuration. When installed, the cable is easily coupled through the special adaptor to reach the signal conditioner. This prevents hassle related to cable management during deployment and the need removes the need to prepare cable section with precise length.
- Perfectly suited for harsh environments such as marine and subsea conditions (seals up to 300 bars)
- No drift over time. Reliable results during years
- Intrinsically safe and immune to EMI/RFI
- Insensitive to transverse strains
- Metallic strip can be adapted to be spot welded on almost any alloy
Applications for OSP-SW
- Offshore platform
- Wind farms and hydroelectric infrastructures
- Marine and subsea conditions
- ATEX and hazardous environment
- High voltage environments
- Aerospace and defense applications
- Structural health monitoring
- Civil engineering and geotechnical applications