About the DI-8B33 Isolated True RMS Input Modules
DI-8B modules are an optimal solution for monitoring real-world process signals and providing high level signals to a data acquisition system. Each DI-8B33 module isolates, filters and amplifies a True RMS input signal and provides an analog voltage output.
Signal filtering is accomplished with a three-pole filter optimized for time and frequency response which provides 70dB of normal-mode-rejection at 60Hz. One pole of this filter is on the field side of the isolation barrier for anti-aliasing, and the other two are on the system side.
A special input circuit on the DI-8B33 module provides protection against accidental connection of power-line voltages up to 30VAC.
Isolation is provided by optical coupling to suppress transmission of common mode spikes or surges. The module is powered from +5VDC, ±5%.
The modules are designed for installation in Class I, Division 2 hazardous locations and have a high level of immunity to environmental noise.
Key features DI-8B33
- Interfaces RMS Voltage (100mV to 300V)
- Designed For Standard Operation With Frequencies of 45Hz to 1kHz (Extended Range to 20kHz)
- Compatible With Standard Current and Potential Transformers
- ±0.25% Factory Calibrated Accuracy (Accuracy Class 0.2)
- 1500 VRMS Continuous Transformer Based Isolation
- Input Overload Protected to 480V Max (Peak AC and DC) or 10A RMS Continuous
- ANSI/IEEE C37.90.1-1989 Transient Protection