About the DI-8B38 Strain Gage Input Modules
DI-8B modules are an optimal solution for monitoring real-world process signals and providing high level signals to a data acquisition system. Each DI-8B38 module isolates, filters and amplifies a full-bridge strain gage input signal and provides an analog voltage output.
The 8B38 can interface to tranducers with a nominal resistance of 100Ω to 2kΩ depending upon the model. Bridge excitation is provided from the module with a stable 10.00V or 3.33V source. Full scale sensitivities of 2mV/V and 3mV/V are offered as standard.
Signal filtering is accomplished with a five-pole filter optimized for time and frequency response which provides 100dB per decade of normal-moderejection above the filter cutoff frequency. One pole of this filter is on the field side of the isolation barrier for anti-aliasing, and the other four are on the system side.
A special input circuit on the DI-8B38 module provides protection against accidental connection of power-line voltages up to 240VAC. Clamp circuits on the I/O and power terminals protect against harmful transients.
Isolation is provided by optical coupling to suppress transmission of common mode spikes or surges. The module is powered from +5VDC, ±5%.
The modules are designed for installation in Class I, Division 2 hazardous locations and have a high level of immunity to environmental noise.
Key features DI-8B38
- Provides gain and excitation for strain gage-based transducers (load cells, pressure sensors, torque meters, etc.)
- Interfaces to 100Ω Thru 2kΩ Full-Bridge Strain Gages (model dependent)
- High Level Voltage Outputs
- 1500Vrms Transformer Isolation
- ANSI/IEEE C37.90.1 Transient Protection
- Input Protected up to 240VAC Continuous
- 100dB CMR
- 3Hz or 8kHz Signal Bandwidth
- ±0.05% Accuracy
- ±0.02% Linearity
- Low Drift with Ambient Temperature
- UL, CSA, FM and CE Certifications Pending
- Mix and Match Modules