About the PicoSens Fiber Optic Amplifiers
Single channel, handheld signal conditioner for field activities.
The PicoSens is a compact and portable signal conditioner to be used with any of the interferometric fiber optic sensors, i.e. the WLPI fiber optic sensors, for temperature, pressure, strain, and position measurements.
At the heart of the PicoSens is the White Light Polarization Interferometry (WLPI) technology which provides a mean for making acurate and absolute measurements of the path length difference of any type of interferometric fiber optic sensors, whose difference varies to the measure of interest.
The PicoSens is equipped with a large visible LCD display and can be battery operated. It comes with a standard ±5 V output and a RS-232 communication port for real-time data acquisition. It can be controlled directly using the front-panel keypad or remotely using the standard RS-232 interface.
A rugged casing with a removable rubber boot provides good mechanical protection against intensive handling in tough environments.
The PicoSens is compatible with all WLPI sensors hence providing a multi-purpose tool for measuring various parameters.
With a 20 Hz sampling rate, a ±0.003 % full scale resolution and a ±0.01 % full scale precision the PicoSens delivers the performances needed for a wide range of critical measurement applications.
- Compact and rugged design
- Versatile and easy to use
- High linearity and precision
- 20 Hz sampling rate
- ±5 V and RS-232 output interfaces
- Large LCD display
- 9 V battery or wall transformer-operated
- Casing with rubber boot protection
Applications for PicoSens
- High voltage environments
- EMI, RFI and microwave environments
- Microwave and food processing
- Nuclear and hazardous environments
- Civil engineering and geotechnical applications