About the LifeSens Fiber Optic Amplifiers
Signal conditioner optimized for measuring physiological pressure.
The LifeSens is a compact signal conditioner specifically designed for measuring physiological pressure. When combined with OPP-M fiber optic sensors, the LifeSens delivers outstanding pressure measurements with all the features required for life science applications.
The conditioner benefits from White Light Polarization Interferometry (WLPI) technology, providing the most accurate and reliable absolute Fabry-Perot cavity length measurements.
It delivers pressure measurements at a rate of 250 Hz. An internal manometer automatically corrects for atmospheric pressure change. The system accepts the SCPROM connector that stores OPP-M sensor gauge factor. Upon mating the sensor, the gauge factor is seamlessly transmitted to the LifeSens conditioner.
The LifeSens is equipped with a large visible LCD display and can be battery operated. It comes with a standard ±5 V output and a RS-232 communication port for real-time data acquisition. The LifeSens can be controlled directly using the front-panel keypad or remotely using the standard RS-232 interface. A rugged casing with a removable rubber boot provides good mechanical protection against intensive handling in tough environments.
- Compact and rugged design
- 250Hz sampling rate
- High resolution and precision
- Compatible with SCPROM Connector
- ±5 V and RS-232 output interfaces
- Large LCD display
- 9V battery or wall-transformer operated
- Automatic atmospheric pressure correction
- OEM version available
Applications for LifeSens
- Physiological pressure monitoring:
- Intra vascular blood pressure
- Intra cranial pressure
- Intra uterine pressure
- Intra ocular
- Cardiac assist applications
- Customer specific catheter application
- Guidewire design (with 0.25 mm OD transducer)
- Pressure measurement under electro-surgery,
- MRI and MW/RF related practices