Amplifiers & Indicators
Measurement signal amplification: The right amplifiers for your measurement applications
Amplifiers & Indicators for sensors
Amplifiers let you use measurement devices to measure voltages and currents below the sensitivity threshold of the equipment in question. The convert the voltage or current to be measured into standardized analogue or digital outputs.
We offer single and multi-channel amplifiers and indicators for strain gauges, LVDT & RVDT sensors and for weighing sensors & load cells (with Bus Interfaces and digital displays).
Product Overview Amplifiers & indicators
Find the perfect amplifier and indicator for your application. We’d be happy to help you choose.
Measurement Amplifiers for any type of sensor
Our portfolio for measurement amplifiers covers the majority of electrical measurement technology for physical parameters. These sensors include inductive, potentiometric, capacitive, and piezoelectric sensors, as well as sensors and transducers based on strain gauge technology.
Strain Gauge Sensors
Our SG series measurement amplifiers are made for sensors based on strain gauge technology. These amplifiers are available in four designs:
- SG-KP and measurement amplifiers with BUS interfaces for DIN rail mounting, for instance in control cabinets. The SG-IP has a rugged aluminum housing with at least IP65 protection for demanding industrial applications.
- Our SG-KA models are designed for mounting in 19” racks. We also offer a portable measurement amplifier for mobile use in a desktop housing with digital display: the SG-TG.
LVDT and RVDT
Our MC type measurement amplifiers are designed for use with inductive displacement sensors and feelers (differential transformers or LVDT) and angular position sensors (RVDT). As with the SG series amplifiers, there are several available form factors: DIN rail mounting units, rugged aluminum cases, and 19” rack mounting units. These amplifiers act as signal generators for the sensors, as well as evaluating the return signal.
A special version for force/displacement measurement combines SG and MC amplifiers to form a two-channel system. For piezoelectric sensors, we offer the VIB-KS models for use in control cabinets and the VIB-IP models for wall-mounting in challenging environments.
Signals and Voltages
All measurement amplifiers are available as standard models with analogue output. You can choose from a broad selection of standard voltage and current signals with operating voltages between 10–18 VDC and 18–30 VDC.
Althen measurement amplifiers can be easily modified to suit your specific measurement needs. Customization options include multi-channel variants, integrated digital displays, switchable measurement points, and limit contacts.
Tell us about your requirements, and together we will find the ideal solution for your application. Of course, our advice is free of charge.
Properties & Advantages
- Precise and low-noise operation
- High resolution and excellent dynamic properties
- Different form factors
- Configurable to suit your applications
- Measurement amplifiers and digital displays with BUS interfaces
- Analog and digital models available
- Different mounting options (rail mounting, rack inserts, desktop housing)
- Digital displays for analog standard signals, some with integrated strain gauge amplifiers
Possible Applications for Measurement Amplifiers
- System control (roller distance monitoring, parts classification, etc.)
- Process monitoring
- Weighing technology / scales
- Measurement technology (testbeds etc.)
- Laboratory applications / laboratory equipment
- Vibration monitoring
- Signal amplification for transmission over long distances
Applications with Amplifiers or Indicators
Would you like to get to know our products in practice? Take a look at these interesting projects from our customers: